Apply for the Horizon Award 2018
ALL ENTRIES DUE DECEMBER 9, 2018
CAN I ENTER?
To enter for this award you must:
- Be female, age 18 - 26
- Be currently studying for an undergraduate degree in any discipline, or are within 1 year of having graduated.
- Have an .edu address. (If you do not have an .edu email address, submit with your normal address and cite your school when you submit).
- Not already have a manager or agent, and must have made less than $5,000 in the film business from your creative talent.
*Anyone applying who does not meet ALL of the above criteria will be disqualified*
HOW TO APPLY:
- Prepare a two-minute (max) film or clip from a film that you have directed. If you'd like to submit a film that is longer than two minutes in length, it must be edited down. The file must be 100MB or under in size and must be in .mp4 format. If you are having trouble compressing your file to a reasonable size, take a look at mpeg streamclip, which is very lightweight and makes compressing easy!
- Put your name as the file name of the video submission. (example: "Jane Doe.mp4")
- Sign the release below allowing us to circulate your film for Horizon purposes. Keep in mind this release does not grant ownership, only use of the submission.
- Upload both the film file submission to the secure file drop below. You will receive a confirmation note in the file drop if your upload was successful.
- You can only apply once.
Please note that you will only receive an email for the release, not for the video upload. Once you have successfully uploaded your video file, you will receive the following notification and are fully submitted:
Winners will be picked and contacted second week of January. Winners will be selected through two rounds; industry leaders, creative executives and producers in the first round with the final round being selected by 10-15 leading women directors.
Having trouble uploading your film? Send us questions.